2007年11月19日月曜日

Homework#4

Today we talked about time in different societies and the English words associated with them.
The English language has many proverbs and sayings about time.

1. Time is money.
I think this is really famous and important. I love money i always think, if I have a lot of money, I would be happy , but there're more important than money. that is money. The life isn't easy. I think time can be more important than money.we can't buy time what we've done in a past is so great and we all have different past. so this explains how much time is important to us. time is like a money.

2.A stitch in time saves nine.
It means "it is better to do as soon as possible " if we do things quickly, there are so many things we can do. somany things we can save

3.There's no time like the present.
It means " you should do it now" this is a time we are living. we can't go back to this moment. so we have to have our life special everyday.

4. Fashionable late.
it means the fasion is too old and we have now a day's style
I

1 件のコメント:

HJU Teacher さんのコメント...

I don't agree with your last comment about fashionably late. This means to be a little late but not very late. Being a little late is a curtiousy to the hostess, so she can relax before the guests arrive. God work!