2008年1月18日金曜日

Class#10 Table manners

Today we discussed table manners from all over the world. It was really funto know the manners. I realized that there are so many things I don't know and I was happy to find out about it.

Have you ever eaten in a foreign restaurant? Where? What did you eat? Did you make any mistakes? Please explain your experience. Did you learn anything?
Yes, I have eaten in a foreign restaurant. In America. I have eaten a lot of stuff like Humburgers, some dinners etc... I don't think I made any mistakes.but there were so many meals on a plate, so I wasn't finish eating for alot of times. I leaned about how much amout of tip I should leave on a table. And how to order a food at the restaurant.

8 件のコメント:

ronron さんのコメント...

I'm interested in your opinion.
In Japan, we don't have tip culture, so we can learn it in America.

Amy さんのコメント...

I did an experience similar to you in the U.K., too. I do not understand it whether I should pay it almost how long because Japan does not have a system called "the tip". I regretted that you should have gone to the spot since you studied a manner a little more.

Candy さんのコメント...

I have never eaten in foreigin country restaurant. But I can understand your opinion. Japanese have no knoelege of tip. I think this is the most interesting thing Japan and America.

Yummy さんのコメント...

I have never eaten in foreign country so I don't know how much I should pay tips. I think American restaurant's manner is more difficult than Japan. I think I must study about American culuture.

spagetti さんのコメント...

I also did the same experience. I want to eat various things, so I serve a lot of food in a plate. I don't want give a tip like America.

haveagoodday さんのコメント...

Hi! I've eaten in restaurants in America too. I do not still like counting tip. I always ask my American friends, but sometimes they don't even know. lol.

Naaー♪ さんのコメント...

We don't have to give a tip in Japan, so I often forget to give a tip. I think there are much food in America, too. I don't eat all.

bullet train さんのコメント...

I went to the U.S.A last year during summer vacation. I learned a lot of table manners there.